It’s no secret- swimming is a fantastic form of exercise.
Easy on the joints, the water’s support aids those with limited strength and mobility to build confidence in a low-risk environment.
This makes swimming an ideal activity for beginners, seniors, the less abled, those recovering from injury, and just about anyone!
Swimming is a relaxing activity and reduces stress. Switch off from the day to day and move through the water in the peaceful, quiet environment of the pool.
According to YouGov:
- 4 million adults say swimming has benefited their mental health.
- Nearly half a million swimmers say they have reduced the number of visits to a medical professional regarding their mental health condition.
- More than 497,000 people have reduced or no longer take medication for their mental health condition as a result of swimming.
(source: BBC Sport)
- Suitable for people of all ages and abilities
- Strengthens the cardiovascular system
- Strengthens muscles
- Improves joint mobility and flexibility
- A fun family activity
- Encourages children to be active from a young age
- Supportive of joints
- Parent and baby swimming nourishes the bond between parent and child
- Develops balance for young children
Did you know that swimming could be the key to improving your golf technique?
Up your game by improving your fitness! As well as keeping you in shape, swimming assists your rotation and swing by building strength in the water.
It can also help with shoulder and elbow pain, improving your whole posture.
Gym-goers will also find benefits in strengthening the core and increasing stamina in the water. Take a break from the weights to try a session in the pool- and see the benefits.
We offer lessons for both children and adults. Get in touch with your local centre to enrol in a group course or take some One-to-One lessons. Start from scratch or perfect your technique, we adapt our lessons to suit you.
Still need inspiration?
See this BBC article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/get-inspired/23164764
Swimming is free for All-in-One, Swimming and Swimming Lessons members. Public swim for non-members is £6.30 for adults, £4.00 for juniors. Join a swimming membership for unlimited 7 day swimming, discounts on other activities, use of all three leisure centres, free parking and free passes for your friends