Our dry court sports programme offers opportunities for users to participate in a wide range of activities. Scroll and click activities below to learn more!
Summer Sport Sale 24 July - 1 September
|Table tennis (Adult)||£9.60||£5|
|Table tennis (Junior)||£6.50||£5|
|Whole all-weather pitch (Adult)||£89.50||£50|
|Whole all-weather pitch (Junior)||£57.80||£25|
|Half all-weather pitch (Adult)||£57.80||£25|
|Half all-weather pitch (Junior)||£41.95||£15|
- Charlton Challenge is the club’s own award scheme for 5 – 15 year old boys and girls. Delivered by the Community Trust qualified coaches, the challenge is a structured and progressive scheme to develop children’s core football skills. The challenge is designed to create maximum enjoyment and involvement and to help young footballers realise their full potential.
The course currently runs on a Thursday at 15:30 – 16:15 for toddlers (3-4yrs), 16:15 – 17:15 for beginners and 17:15 – 18:15 for intermediate and advanced players. The course price is £85.20 for a centre member or £97.20 for non-members (based on a 1 hour, 12 week course, number of weeks vary per term).
Each course concentrates on the game’s essential skills – dribbling, passing, control and shooting. As well as improving co-ordination, balance, fitness and social skills. The Charlton Challenge is divided into three age groups each with 6 levels. 5-7 years, 8-11 years, 12 years plus, all with levels 1-5 and a premier challenge.
Each of the four skills are coached for two weeks then tested at the end of the course, there is then a presentation week on each level of the challenge. Children will then either progress to the next level or continue to develop their skills. Once all five levels have been achieved children will progress to the premier challenge.
On the Premier challenge, children receive a high level of coaching based on technique on the ball, movement off and on the ball, individual role and team play, and development of skills into match situations. Unlike the Charlton Challenge the premier is not test based therefore coaching is not geared towards passing a test, but more focused on development of a player.
The premier is a structured and progressive programme which allows the children to develop at their own pace.
Charlton Challenge also runs Toddler Football for under 5s.
The Charlton Challenge is very popular and is available at Edenbridge and Sevenoaks. For more information visit their website at www.cact.org.uk.
- Trampolining is a fun and enjoyable way to workout, learn a new skill, and improve your balance and coordination. This course is suitable for ages 5 – 16 years.
Our current trampolining course runs on a Wednesday at 16:15 – 17:00 and 17:00 – 18:00, and Friday at 16:00 – 17:00 and 17:00 – 18:00. The course is £82.80 for a centre member or £97.20 for non-members (based on a 1 hour, 12 week course, number of weeks vary per term).
Did you know that trampolining has lots of other benefits too? Winter sports enthusiasts can use these sessions to improve their movement through the air when on the slopes, plus sports enthusiasts from a wide variety of disciplines can find trampolining particularly useful as part of a cross-training and muscle toning workout.
- Enjoy this fast paced racquet sport in a fun and friendly environment. Our court is available to book throughout the day in 40min blocks and is also available for regular club hire.
Prices are £9.10 for centre members or £11.30 for non-members.
Squash is free to our All-in-One Members during off peak times (09:00 – 17:00 Monday – Friday and 11am – close at weekends).
- Badminton is a great way to keep fit and enjoy a competitive sport. Get some friends together and enjoy one of our courts.
Prices are £14.30 for members and £16.50 for non-members.
Junior prices are £7.15 for members and £8.25 for non-members.
Badminton is free for All-in-One members off peak (09:00 – 17:00 Monday – Friday and 11am – close at weekends).
- An indoor variation of lawn bowls, where a player attempts to roll their ball closest to the jack, or target.
Short mat bowls is part of our Primetime programme, although is open to everyone to join in.
We play on Mondays at 9:00 – 12:00 and every other Tuesday at 13:30 – 15:30. Sessions cost £3.75 for members and £5.85 for non-members.
- Table tennis is always a hit! Challenge your co-ordination and reactions as you compete against friends for a win.
Table tennis helps keep your brain sharp and improves core stability.
Prices are £7.50 for members and £9.60 for non-members.
Junior prices are £5.30 for members and £6.50 for non-members.
- We offer a variety of martial arts training at our centre including:
Karate – a traditional Japanese system of unarmed combat, employing smashes, chops and kicks made with hands, feet, elbows or legs.
Tae kwon do – A Korean martial art that resembles karate.
Tai Chi – A Chinese system of callisthenics characterised by co-ordinated and rhythmic movements.
Please check with the centre reception for current availability and to book.
- Learn new skills and remember old ones. Join us at Back to Netball for a fun and friendly game.
Adults (16+) play Thursday 19:30 – 20:30, £3.50 for centre members and £5.60 for non-members.
Juniors (11 – 15 years) play on Monday 18:00 – 19:00, £3.50 for centre members and £4.70 non-members.