Re-opening Lullingstone Park Golf Course
Opening 1 June 2020
Update: we are currently experiencing problems with credit card payments
We are accepting cash, cheque, and PayPal payments and working to rectify the problem. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Safety measures and booking instructions
As an organisation, we are committed to ensuring the safety of our customers and staff alike. In planning for the reopening of the golf course, we have utilised the guidance from England Golf and BIGGA -the greenkeepers’ association- as well the government.
Many of our customers and members have been missing playing golf at Lullingstone Park and had been hoping that the course could have reopened earlier. However, as an organisation in order to protect our financial position, we had to take the decision of furloughing the majority of our staff including the greenkeepers when our facilities closed.
Work has now commenced on the course, and staff are working hard to improve the condition but it will not be to its usual standard. The rough will be slightly longer than usual, the greens have not been treated, and bunkers have not been maintained during closure. The staff will rectify these as soon as is practical but they are still not at full staffing levels and mowing is the main priority at the current time. We will keep staffing levels under review and return to a full complement based on demand.
The information below outlines what measures have been put in place to ensure we can open safely:
- The 18 Hole and 9 Hole Course are now open.
- Bookings can be taken during the normal pro shop opening hours on 01959 533793
- The Driving Range will remain closed until further notice.
- The Pitch and Putt will remain closed until further notice.
- The practice Putting Green will remain closed until further notice.
- The Clubhouse and Changing Rooms will remain closed until further notice. The door to the changing rooms will be locked to prevent walkers in the park accessing the toilets. The key to the changing rooms to access the toilets will be available from the pro shop.
- Buggies, trollies or other golf equipment will not be available for hire.
- A limited amount of items such as balls, tees, will be available for purchase in the Pro Shop.
Booking and Payment
- Only players who have pre-booked tee times will be permitted to play – players who just turn will not be permitted to play.
- Tee times will need to be pre-booked by telephone. Normal booking procedures for Sencio golf members will apply. For other Sencio members including golf booking card members and guests, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- Tee times will be available on the 18-hole and 9-hole courses from 6am to 4pm, at weekends and bank holidays and from 7am – 4pm weekdays.
- Tee times will be at 10-minute intervals.
- Tee times MUST be pre-booked by telephone. Golfers turning up to ‘pay and play’ will be turned away.
- Until Monday 8th June, all tee times will accommodate two-balls ONLY. Due to the restricted number of tee times available you will not be allowed to play alone. However, this will be reviewed subject to demand. We will not accommodate 3 or 4-balls even if they are from a single household.
- From Monday 8th June, we will be allowing 2, 3 or 4 ball bookings.
- Due to the restricted number of tee times, golfers will only be permitted to play a maximum of three times in a single week. This will be reviewed subject to demand.
- You should not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your pre-booked tee time.
- You should where possible park in the area of the car park signposted for golfers- visitors to the park will be signposted to a different area.
- You should arrive in the clothing you will play in and change your shoes in the car park.
- You should check-in at the Pro Shop but access to the shop is limited to 2 golfers at any one time via a one-way system and social distancing should be observed as far as possible.
- You should follow all sign-posted instructions and the one-way system marked in the Foyer/Pro Shop. You should not gather in any area especially around the clubhouse when you have finished playing.
- If you need to use the toilet facilities please obtain the key from the pro shop, maximum of 2 people allowed in the toilets at any one time, and please respect the social distancing rules as far as possible. Return the key to the pro shop after locking the door.
- Please remember to practice good hygiene guidelines as appropriate and bring hand gels /wipes with you that you can use during your game if required.
- At the end of your game, you are expected to leave the site within 15 minutes. If you are able to leave immediately, please do so.
- Only social golf is permitted. No competitive golf is allowed.
- You must be ready to tee off at your allotted time. Anyone who is late will not be permitted to play.
- It is your responsibility to observe the 2-metre social distancing rule from your playing partner and any other person whom you should come across on the golf course such as walkers/ greenkeeping staff.
- You should, in general, observe the normal rules of golf and etiquette when on the course other than where amended to meet current guidelines.
- You should not touch or remove the flagstick on each hole. The holes will be modified to make retrieval of the ball easy.
- There will be no rakes in bunkers. Please do your best to smooth the sand with your club or feet to help other golfers. You are permitted to carry a personal collapsible rake if you wish but this should not be used by your playing partner.
- Course furniture such as benches, litter bins and ball washers will be removed or decommissioned. Please take your litter home.
- All golf memberships will be reinstated and direct debits will be collected on 1st June. Any members that have cancelled their direct debit with their bank will have to recomplete a direct debit mandate as their membership will not be reinstated.
- Annual memberships have been extended by the period the golf centre has been closed.
- Any members wishing to continue to freeze their memberships will need to contact the pro shop from 28th May, or email email@example.com
Call 01959 533793 to book
Telephone bookings only. Please be patient as demand may be high.