Feel Good at Edenbridge
Improving health and mobility without the strain
Feel Good regardless of age or mobility
Edenbridge Leisure Centre is excited to announce that our Feel Good suite is now OPEN!
Monday – Friday
09:00 – 13:00 and 16:00 – 18:00
Our power-assisted exercise equipment, manufactured by Shapemaster, is suitable for people living with limited mobility, the elderly and for those managing long-term conditions including multiple sclerosis, stroke, fibromyalgia, diabetes and arthritis.
Unlike conventional exercise equipment, the machines do not rely exclusively on muscle power but by an electronic power system enabling users to work passively or actively, depending on their ability.
Shapemaster equipment provides safe exercise to all the major muscle groups and helps to re-train muscle patterns, whilst at the same time stimulating the muscles for improved circulation.
Who uses it?
Shapemaster equipment can be used by almost anyone regardless of age or level of mobility. There is also a large growing number of individuals using the equipment to manage long-term conditions such as:
- Balance and co-ordination problems
- Post-operative rehabilitation eg hip and knee replacements
- Orthopaedic conditions, eg Scoliosis
- Cardiac conditions
- Respiratory conditions eg asthma, COPD
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
- Cerebral Palsy, MS and other neurological disorders
of Shapemaster users report a positive impact on their mental health, feeling more relaxed and less stressed.
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Increased muscle strength
- Increased flexibility
- Increased circulation
- Reduction in mental health problems such as depression, stress and anxiety
- Weight loss
- Improved balance and coordination
- Stimulated metabolic process
- Improved bladder and bowel function
- Feeling of wellbeing
- Social interaction
- Improved independence