We have a beautiful 25m pool with high wooden ceiling where you can join in with many club activities, swim lengths, or take swimming lessons.
The main pool is 0.9m deep in the shallow end (waist level) to 1.8m in the deep end.
We have a hoist for those using a wheelchair to poolside, and a changing room available for swimmers who require disability equipment including flat-bed change.
Find swim times in our current pool programme which includes:
- Fitness lane swim (30 and 45 minute)
- Swim lessons
- Swim clubs
- Family swim
Next pool programme: 19 April – 16 May 2021
Re-opening swimming pools
- The main pool will be divided into three or six lanes of fast, medium and slow
- Children aged 8+ can attend lane swimming from 2 November
Changing and showering:
- Changing rooms and lockers will be available
- Limited showers will be available post-swim
- Please arrive wearing your costume and exit the centre promptly via designated exits once your session has ended
- Family Swim Teaching Pool- the pool will be divided into two, for 2x families to attend. Will be lifeguarded by 1 lifeguard on a single zone basis
- Family Swim Main Pool- Pool will be open with no lanes for up to 7 families to attend. Bookable online. Will be lifeguarded by 2 lifeguards on a zonal basis
Pool programme FAQs
We have found that customers are not always utilising the full hour, and by offering 45 mins sessions we are able to incorporate more sessions into our timetable. We have also been able to do this by reducing the cleaning gaps to 15 mins. To ensure the cleanliness levels remain high, we will have more staff to carry out the cleaning between sessions.
These are shorter, 30 minute lane swimming sessions perfect for those with limited available time to swim, such as during a lunch break. Many of our users already prefer to swim for under 30 minutes, so by offering Xpress swim slots, we are able to offer more swim sessions throughout the day.
By introducing the 45 minute Fitness Swim and 30 minute Xpress Swim sessions, we have increased the number of lane sessions at weekends. We are also retaining family swim sessions in the main pools as we feel it is really important that children have the opportunity to swim in a fun setting with their family members.
Children aged 8+ can attend lane swimming sessions, providing that they are able to swim lengths. Our lifeguards will monitor all lane swimmers, and will act if they believe any swimmer is unable able to competently swim lengths. Family swim sessions are available for fun casual swimming, where continuous lane swimming is not required.
Children can swim free with our Swimming Lessons MembershipSwimming Lessons Membership
What is the under 8s pool policy?
During family swimming, children under the age of 8 must be accompanied into the water by a responsible adult over 16 years old.
There must be:
– a minimum of one adult to two children where children are 4 years or younger
– maximum of three children to one adult where at least two children are over 4 but under 8 years of age
Children under 8 are not permitted to attend lane swimming.
Public swim prices:
|Family (2 adults & 2 children) swim||-||-||£10.15||£14.80|
|Swimming card (12 for the price of 11)||-||-||£47.85||£71.50|
|Inflatable Funtime (Adult)||£1.20||£1.20||£5.15||£7.30|
|Inflatable Funtime (Junior)||£1.20||£1.20||£3.60||£4.85|
|Inflatable Funtime Family)||-||-||£12.35||£17.00|
|Inflatable supplement for those staying after swim||£1.20||£1.20||£1.25||£1.25|
Swimming for health, fitness and fun
People of all ages and abilities can enjoy swimming as a way to keep healthy and relax. Swimming alone can clear your head, setting you up for the day or helping unwind after work. Bring your family for a fun day of splashing and playing!
Swimming is great because it…
- is suitable for people of all ages and abilities
- strengthens the cardiovascular system and muscles
- improves joint mobility and flexibility
- is a fun family activity
- encourages children to be active from a young age
- is supportive of joints
Be the first to know about news and offers
Sign up to our monthly newsletter and we will keep you up to date